- Imports rose by 14.5 per cent in 2015.
- The Port of Mombasa recorded a growth of 11.7 per cent in total cargo throughput handled from 22.3 million tonnes in 2015 to 24.9 million tonnes in 2016.
- Total air passenger and cargo traffic handled at the airports rose by 7.9 and 6.8 per cent, respectively in 2016
- The country’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is estimated to have expanded by 5.3 per cent in 2016
- The Performance of the Kenya Shilling was quite stable against major currencies in Africa ( 1 USD = 104 Kenya Shillings, Jan 2017 )